Saturday 22 October 2016

Blog task 11

Target Audience
A 'Target Audience' is who you want your film to be aimed at. For example, the target audience for 'Scream' is a mixture of gender, prodominatly boys where as the target audience for 'Frozen' is mostly girls.

Task 1
Legally Blonde- I believe the gender this film is aimed at is females aged between 10-30. I believe this film aims towards working class-upper class girls who enjoy watching programmes such as Disney channel, or just enjoy High School Movies in general.

YouGov (Legally Blonde)- The demographic is females from 18-24 who have described themselves as interesting and want to keep the same friendship groups

Paranormal Activity- Being one of my favourite films, I know that this film is aimed at people who enjoy getting scared, both male and females from the age of 16+.

YouGov (Paranormal Activity)- The demographic is males from 25-39. A lot of their other favourite films include other horrors and they also like comedy.


The Hangover- This film is definatly aimed towards males, between the ages of 18 onwards. The reason I say men is because its about a stag-do, and they go to vegas (which is where  a lot of men go for their stags). I think if you enjoy comidies then you enjoy every other type of film.

YouGov(The Hangover)- The demographic is females from 25-39 who describe themselves as being funny but lacking self confidence.


When thinking about what type of audience I want my film to aim towards, I think of teenagers as I can relate to them and I know what type of things interest them.


No comments:

Post a Comment